Thursday, July 02, 2009

Yesterdays Market





The sun was shining and it was already quite hot when we started setting up at 7.45am yesterday morning.
The new stalls make it lovely and cool inside-you still get a bit of draft through the material and people who popped in to take a closer look at the paintings all commented on how nice it felt in there!
I was really hot when I started painting at my easel to get another Serenity In Dusky Mauve done as a class subject example!
It was a very busy day with lots of people around and I didn't get chance to go round and see everything that was there!

When I was stood at my easel I heard a voice say "I know who you are--your off the camping forum!" Anyway Steve introduced himself and his wife and we had a long chat about things--its always lovely to put faces to the names of people you chat to on forums--they are staying at one of the sites recommended on my website--its a small 5 van CC one and charges only £7 a night with electric hook up so a bargain! The Larches is run by Mrs Breakwell and you can reach her on 01584 875737

We got home at 4.30pm and started to unload the car- I store any wet oil paintings in the caravan to dry as its safer than having them hanging in the house with 2 free range parrots around-to our horror when Bill opened up the caravan to put the wet pic in- Sparky Cat was sat there! The poor thing must have sneaked into the van on the Tuesday evening when we opened it up to get a painting out that had been drying.Luckily the windows haven't been closed right up but left so some air could flow through but poor Sparky had been in there all night and day with no food and water.
He hadn't made any mess thank goodness but think he wont be jumping in there again in a hurry.
Hes never around in the house much this weather so we hadn't thought anything of it when we didn't see him at breakfast as that isn't unusual.
We will be double checking in future when we have the caravn open again!

No comments: