Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sunflowers class April 3rd



Well Ive been busy working on the new Sunflower painting for the April 3rd class.

Ive done two versions of it so far-one in acrylic and one in oil.
Ive still got a tiny bit of fiddling to do before I'm completely happy with it, just some distant hills behind the sunflowers!

I like both of them but think I will be going with the acrylic one for the class(top painting)--one main reason is all the sides
can be painted making it look more 'finished' and it will also be dry to take home.

It will also be easier to paint the flowers over the top of each other and create more interesting composition -with the oils it quite hard to do without mixing it to mud!
I have been experimenting with a new medium to mix with the acrylic paint that makes life easier-makes the paint move around easier on the canvas, I'm very impressed with it!

I have got 10 booked in for this class already--I can take up to 14 for this class.
It will be an interesting one to do--it will really allow everyone to express and develop their own style.
to book a place in this class please go to www.paintingmyway.co.uk where you can now book online.

No comments: