Thursday, February 11, 2010

Alfrick WI Encaustic Demo


We had a thoroughly enjoyable evening last night at Alfrick WI. It was a cold night and its quite a distance from home-so we were keeping our fingers crossed it didnt snow any more while we were there!
I had met one of the ladies on Ludlow market a few months ago and she said she was sure the ladies would love an encaustic demo soI was booked to do one!

There were a few puzzeled faces as we unpacked the irons and hot pens aong with extension cables--Im not sure what they were expecting to see -but what they didi see really seemed to blow them away!
After showing how to load the iron with the wax and producing some abstract pictures-all of which had the usual little faces and creatures appearing in the melted wax, I was asked if I could do a landcape with it.

There were audible gasps as within seconds I had painted a sky, mountains, a lake, bushes,flowers and folliage! I even popped in a few birds for good measure!
The ladies couldnt wait to have a go--they were astonished to find that they could produce great pictures in seconds as well--although they had never had a go before--
luckily I had taken along some stock in case anyone wanted to buy some to have a go at home because I sold a complete set and other bits and bobs in no time.
I also took along some of my oil paintings with details of my classes, there was a lot of interest for that as well.
All in all a great night--no doubt I shall see some of them again soon in the classes!





No comments: