Saturday, September 06, 2008

Todays Class--Sept 6th


































Well what a day! We had 2 cancellations for the class today due to Ludlow being cut off from the outside world with the rain and floods!
Every road in and out of Ludlow was blocked from last night.
I found myself in the position of having to drive through fast moving flood water when a large pool burst its banks yesterday afternoon after visiting my friend who lives out at Henley nr Ludlow.I had the windows open in case I had to make a quick escape!!!
I was scared stiff as the back end of the car was being dragged around, made it out safely in the end but was one of my most scary moments ever!!!.
As I already had the room booked and paid for re today's class,I was able to fill the gap with my nephew and niece to save canceling the class for Pat who lives local and wasn't affected by the floods.
I gave Pat the choice of what painting she wanted to do instead of the one planned for the class.(Oriental Dawn)
She chose this beautiful vibrant sunset painting which had great results all round which would match one she did with me when I first started classes over 4 1/2 years ago.
I had taken along several different paintings from which to choose a theme and we went from there!
It was painted in acrylic instead of oils so the end result was dry at the end of the class.
We had great fun, the bright colours work so well in this subject.We used a special shimmering paint for the water, lovely effect that dosent show up in photos !!
Bill had fun playing darts while we painted and at the end of the session Natalie was so tired she nodded off!
Mind you she had been at a sleep over the night before and didn't know anything about coming to paint until her mum picked her up this morning! I expect she was chatting til 4am this morning!
We have bought the paintings home for Bill to varnish, as we had explained to everyone just how much difference the varnishing made-it really brings out the colours in the painting!
Everyone will get them back tomorrow-to amaze their family and friends to what they have done!



No comments: