Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Reiki

Well I had a wonderful day today having my Reiki session with Jan.
It was the most relaxing and engergising experience at the same time!
Reiki is a ancient Japanese therapy-the word Reiki means universal life force energy.
The therapy involves the channeling of the energy that surrounds all of us into our bodies.

The session takes around an hour and invloves lying on the very comfortable reiki couch, fully clothed -but with watches , belts etc taken off as they can interfere with the energy.
There is lovely soothing music and candles in the room, and also incense burning,it was very easy to relax fairly soon in the calm atmosphere.
Jan began on my head, just gently holding it to start, I soon felt the heat of the energy coming through her hands.
She slowly carried on working down my body-there were times when the hands felt really cold as well as when they felt hot.
I could also feel a lot of heat when she wasnt actualy touching me-just holding her hands above me.

People can feel different things, some people dont feel very much but that dosent mean nothings happening, the healing will still be transfered through the practioner to the client.

She can feel where parts of the body need more healing than others and concentrates on those places.
I could feel a tingling sensation sometimes especialy when she was working on my back, after I had turned over onto my front around half way through.
I am sure I had just drifted off to sleep to be honest when Jan spoke to me and I came back to reality!!

It took me a few minutes to come round properly and sit up--I could have slept for days if she had left me there Im sure!!
I have never felt so relaxed and peaceful.
After having a drink of water-something I have to do regulary for a couple of days to help get rid of the toxins out of the body,I realised that I felt really full of energy as well.
Its very hard to describe to be honest!!
I would recommend it to anyone who feels under the weather for whatever reason-Im definatly going to have another session before too long.
Jan charges just £30 for this session of Reiki and belive me it is worth every penny.!!!
She can be contacted on 07837939797 if you want to book a session with Jan or just find out more about it, please give her a ring.

No comments: