Thursday, November 08, 2007

Wellesbourne Art Society











We had a lovely ride down to Wellesbourne, nr Stratford Upon Avon yesterday. We stopped off and had a wander around Stratford, bought some bits and pieces before finding our way to where we were staying for the night.The Old Dispensary.
We had a lovely welcome from Jenny.
Pictured above are the lucky winners of the raffle with the 2 paintings that I did for them that evening.Catherine and John.
We were doing the demonstration at the local fire station--they were 2nd in at the dreadful tragedy in which 4 firefighters died.
The proceeds of the raffle for the 2 paintings I painted during the demo, went to the fund for the families that lost loved ones in this tragedy.
I will be returning to do one or two classes there by the sound of it,I only take 7 people max for a class in order to be able to give everyone enough time and show them the method thoroughly.There was a lot of people interested last night, so may have to make it 2 classes instead of 1 class.
Since I started teaching people to ''Paint My Way'' --my prices haven't gone up at all in over 3 years .I have absorbed all of the price rises of canvas , paint, and brushes and the cost of hiring rooms to hold the classes--because to me the most important thing of all is to show the ordinary man in the street that THEY can paint beautiful oil paintings -all they need is encouragement and to be shown a technique,which shows in what they produce in my classes-
The exhibition in Dec 'From Small Acorns'' will show that.





No comments: