Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Latest Commission




I have spent quite a few hours working flat out on the latest commission, I have got the base layers on, various shades of reds and black--the top picture is the colour of it now, as you can see its started off layers of quite orangey reds, but that is just to build up depth in the finished painting.
As more layers go on it deepens and gets more depth.
The white blotches on the top picture is not paint, but a special impasto medium that will allow me to create the texture of the poppy petal.
Tomorrow I will start to add the 20 odd coats of coloured glazes, each one having to be thoroughly dried in between-a tedious process but necessary none the less.
I am emailing the pictures as I do each stage to Rachael who has commissioned this piece, she can have some input into the painting, if she wants the centre smaller or redder I can do it.
It works very well. I am very pleased with it so far. Its always interesting to see how each one develops-they turn out different every time!
Tomorrow we are off to take the paintings to Stoke on Trent to The Art Bay gallery.So may get to do some Christmas shopping too !!

No comments: