Monday, September 03, 2007

From Small Acorns









After announcing at the beginning of August that I will be holding an exhibition of my students work, I have given a lot of thought as to what it should be called and
I have decided to call the exhibition ''From Small Acorns'' As from the old saying'' From little acorns mighty oaks grow'' which is exactly what I see happening with my students when they come to me.
They walk in the door the first time and are usualy a bag of nerves and convinced they will fail to produce a decent painting---- they leave full of confidence and pleased as punch with what they have achieved--its the best part of this job.
I will be having a children's section as well as the adults. If there is any wall space left I will maybe hang a few of my own!!
If I have not already contacted you about putting your paintings into the exhibition, please get in touch-- via the telephone preferably.
There is no charge for putting the paintings in the exhibition and if you want to sell them you are free to do so--after all one of my students Catherine has sold 4 out of the 5 paintings that she has done in my classes--the last one for £180. She said she had priced it high because she didn't want to sell it!!
Its a good reflection on my teaching though and Im as pleased as punch for her!!
The way the year is going it will soon be here!!

No comments: