Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Button Bouquet

I was asked by a special friend if I would create a button bouquet for her wedding in Jan..she wanted it to be very personal to her and wanted lots of specific items to be added to it..the base was to be a feather duster she had bought in Africa...

Photos, money and some other bits and pieces were sent in a bag...she didn't want them to be on view necessary, but just to know they were in there! So I had my work cut out to add some things like photos, this one ended up being wrapped around a note that I had made into a fan..

The bark came from a tree that belonged to a man whose funeral they had met at..so that was very special--I wrapped it in beautiful glittery beads, it really looked lovely..

there cant be many engagement rings like this one--the pink smiley face ring! I made it a necklace of pretty beads!

The sixpence has her birth year on it..and has another strong significance too...again I wired it with some pretty beads..there are champagne corks in there too..festival wristbands, all personal stuff.

I added some button flowers

the rose has another photo wrapped around the stem..

I added something blue, and another smiley face-a glittery one this time...some pretty brooches,

a few little special charms I had here,,

Its finished--not everyones taste but definatly the brides---her reaction today when she saw it almost had me in tears! She bloody loved it--

The handle has sari material around it and a beautiful silver bangle to finish it off..you couldnt get more personal if you tried --and nobody else will have one like it. After the wedding she can put in a vase and admire it forever!! I have enjoyed every minute of making this for her--her partner isnt going to see it until the day!

I made him a matching button hole...

Looks like I will have a few more to make to match too...she wants the witness's to have some like it too!

No comments: