Monday, October 03, 2011

What A Lovely Day!

I met Fiona for the first time last Saturday when we called by the market to see our friends Mick and Debbie....Fiona, hubby and their friends were chatting with them and we all ended up going to the pub!
As Ive been off the booze for over 4 months one pint was all I needed to get merry! I'm a cheap date now!
We all ended up having a hell of a laugh about one thing and another...and we found out that Fiona and hubby had been living/ working in the area for 17 months while over here from New Zealand....and they are off back there shortly!
Anyway Fiona rang me yesterday and asked if I could do a one to one today as they are off tomorrow--and I was happy to do so.
As the painting was going back as hand luggage we decided that an acrylic one would be the best option and opted for the birches. It didn't take long to see the results happening very quickly..
small trees going in here..
then the bigger trees...Fiona was amazed at how quickly the painting took shape..
we had to go into the garage to do the splattering--its amazing just how far the little specks of paint travel----
I had 2 phone calls while we were painting from people wanting to book classes--as I was explaining to one lady about the bashing brushes and tickling brushes Fiona was chuckling away..of course she hadn't used those today as we were using acrylics...so after finding out that she was OK for time I told her she would be able to have a go with those brushes and some oils  as well!
In no time at all she had bashed and tickled a lovely sky and sea..and she loved the way that the paints moved around so differently to the acrylics.
Fiona went away with some varnsh to protect her birches with tonight and one of my fact sheets on oil painting so she can carry on when shes back home in New Zealand.We will be staying in touch via Facebook and emails as well.
one very proud artist.. she really enjoyed her day with me...and said it was shame she hadn't known about me before as she could have done loads of paintings in the 17 months she has been here !
She will end up getting an addiction like Rod who rang today to ask to be  booked in later this month for the Grasses  workshop--he has been to the last two workshops and went back to Clacton on Sea to work out when he can fit in another painting session with me! Unfortunatly the Yesterday worshop is full  and he has gone onto the reserve list alongside Jenny who was also in class last Saturday.
All in all a lovely day!

No comments: