Friday, October 14, 2011

Eardisley WI

We were at Eardisley WI last night to do a demo.Its about 3/4 hour away and we arrived early and got set up before the ladies did their part of their meeting.I'm never sure just what the people at a demo are really expecting....there are always a few surprised faces at the beginning when I explain that I will be painting 2 oil landscapes from start to finish in front of them in the next hour! I start with the black canvas and explain what I'm going to do...and then in just seconds I have a background of bushes and trees ...the water goes next..and in no time at all I have a finished painting--I take the painting round to show everyone close up and they are always amazed at how much detail there is in there..all the time I am painting I am also chatting to everyone about the workshops I run and my paintings etc.The second painting is quickly finished and passed around...people are always interested by it and it gives them the confidence to want have a go! At the end of last nights demo I ended up arranging  to go back there and do a workshop in April. Virginia had been in my workshop on Saturday and had got instantly hooked--she had bought along some of her friends from the craft club..Sue from the club had a quick word with me and within minutes she had 10 names from the room who wanted to come and paint! We soon sorted out which painting would be a good one to do for the ladies and we settled for Mellow Moods.A quick call today from Sue and she confirmed that she has 15 possibly 16 people who are going to learn to paint Mellow Moods on April 14th next year..looking forward to it ladies!
there were a few artists in the audience who asked some interesting questions.....
Virginia and Margret-winners of the paintings...my Bill had a big kiss and hug off Virginia who was chuffed to bits when he pulled her ticket out for the paintings...excited wasn't the word for it!

No comments: