Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Whitton WI Demo



We had a late night tonight after travelling over to Whitton WI to do a demo for the ladies there.It is only a small group so they had invited a few visitors as well.
We got there for 7pm and set up the display stands and table with the cards of my paintings for sale etc.

I started my demo with The Waterfall painting on a black canvas and I was soon getting lots of questions about the technique I was using from the ladies!
They were astonished at how quickly the painting was done before their eyes, and when I took the painting round for them to see at close range they couldn't believe the detail I had got in there !
Bill cleared away the dirty brushes and put out my clean ones ready to paint the second painting while I was chatting to the ladies.
I painted Serenity in Green on the white canvas--but forgot to take a picture of it-will ask the secretary to take one and email it to me!
The winner of the raffle Maureen was one of the visitors and she was thrilled to bits to win-she chose The waterfall as her prize and I donated the Serenity painting to the WI.
Lots and lots of my leaflets went and several of the ladies want to come to join us in class-we will look forward to seeing them again!
We stayed for some delicious sandwiches and cake before loading up the car and heading for home at 10.15pm--it was a late one getting home but dont mind that when we have met such a lovely bunch of ladies!



No comments: