Monday, April 20, 2009

Encaustic Demo


I was asked by the Ludlow Craft Club if I would go and do a demo of the encaustic art for their members .
They meet in the same room that we use for the painting my way workshops.
Bill dropped me off and set up the irons, special tools etc and then came back home to prepare a lovely roast pork dinner!
I realised after had he had left that I had left the camera in the car , so only got this photo just before we cleared up!
The members had a lovely time playing with the wax-some beautiful pictures were produced and we all had fun trying to spot the strange animals and faces that you always get in the wax.
Ive been asked to go back and do another demo soon as everyone enjoyed themselves so much, and there were a few members missing due to other commitments.
Im going to sort out my off cuts of encaustic cards that I get when making my bookmarkers and drop off for Chris to use in her card making,it will be interesting to see how they get used! Chris raises money for the local Air Ambulance and is a regular on the Ludlow market selling her beautiful cards.

1 comment:

On a Whimsey said...

Sounds like everyone had a brilliant time! Mind you, I am biased re encaustics!!