Monday, March 23, 2009

Yesterdays Craft Fair


















We had a wonderful time yesterday at the craft fair. The weather was very kind to us-much better than forecast-loads of people about for a change!
We had a bit of excitement in the morning when a horse drawn carriage overturned and the horse bolted, being caught and stopped only a few yards away from the market stalls-good job it was early in the day and not many people about-it could have been nasty. The horse hit a transit van and caused a bit of damage, but fortunately the horse was unhurt except for a few cuts.
I was painting all day, working on a couple of paintings that I wanted to finish-one is being given to charity, I will post the details up here shortly. The other big piece was a large triptych of my birch trees. People were very interested to see what I was doing, and quite a few want to join a class.
I sold my monochrome birch tree triptych to a lovely couple who had come from Banbury.
The lady spotted the wax foxgloves that I had added on another of the series and really liked it so I added some while she watched, just for her on the first canvas of the set she had bought. She explained that her living room was black and white and they would fit in beautifully.
All in all a great day, I finished off the brown triptych today at home, thats waiting to be varnished now.
To top the day my stepson Carl and his lady took us out for a beautiful meal at The Boot last night.
A great ending to a great day-thanks both!

No comments: