Saturday, December 09, 2006

This Weekend



I thought you might like to see my en-suite door that I painted just after I started painting 4 years ago.
As you can see it is one of my favorite subjects- a waterfall.
It didnt take too long to do and it was fun to work on something so big.
I have also painted the other side with a different scene, but its difficult to get a good photo of that as its a bit too small in there!!

The doors with the fish on are my airing cuboard doors, I have create a lovely underwater scene and added the koi carp.You cannot see the water effect very clearly but close up it is beautiful and gets a lot of comments.

We are going to do our last craft fair tomorrow, it should be quite busy now its so near Christmas.I have had to print some more gift vouchers off as they have been selling well lately.So I have a good stock to take with me tomorrow.

As usual I will be painting whilst there, and Bill will be demonstrating the encaustic art. He has got very good at that and sold his first encaustic painting about a month ago at a WI, so he was chuffed to bits.

Bill is the other half of the Dream Team, he does all the donkey work and I take all the credit!!!He has been busy lately getting canvas's and everything ready for next years classes, Bill paints the canvas with black acrylic paint, strings them , sorts the brushes into their boxes,makes sure all the tiny jars of thinners are clean and a host of other things.

I couldnt do it without him. He is much more organised than I am, I would rather spend my time painting and find my mind is always on what sort of painting I am going to next!

THANKS BILL !!!!

No comments: