Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas






Well we have got the tree up and the lights are up outside, so slowly but surely The Christmas Spirit is happening in the Jennings household!
I spent 6 hours wrapping up Christmas pressies yesterday and my back is still aching from bending over the wrapping paper and gifts!!

The biggest wrapping job is happening tonight. The commission Ive been working on has finaly dried enough to wrap and send to its new owner.
Its a major job to make sure no damage is done in transit,first a layer of greaseproof paper is placed on the surface of the painting, then layers of bubble wrap is used and then several layers of strong carboard is placed over the top of everything else.Loads of parcel tape is put around it and hopefully it will arive at its new home on Wednesday.It is always a nerve wracking 24 jhours waiting to hear that the painting has arrived ok but so far, up to now they always have . They are always insured and trackable so maybe I shouldnt worry so much!!!!
I cant wait to see how it looks in situ in Oxford, Im sure its owner will email me a picture of it on the wall.

2 comments:

Ms. E said...

I've got one word to say about your art - WOW.

Diane said...

Thanks for your kind comment!!!
Please keep looking in and you can see my latest work as well as all the up's and downs of the life of an artist! I never seem to get 2 days the same! Merry Christmas !!!