Saturday, August 14, 2010

Todays Class "Reeds In The Breeze"


We were 2 students less today due to a bereavement-our condolences go to Gary and Elaine.

Out of the 13 students 11 were first timers--of course there were a lot of nerves to begin with-but everyone soon settled down!

I had my usual helper Natalie-who was kept busy making cups of tea and coffee for the students as they arrived, then she got roped in helping me coat the canvas with the special primer I mix myself-as there were 14 canvas to do, it took some time!
Once everyone had decided which version they wanted to paint and I got the relevant oil colours out onto the palettes the paintings came together very quickly!
Everyone got the hang of the bashing brushes and tickling brushes and we all had a giggle about the bush brushes as well!
Everyone was amazed to see just how quickly the paintings developed-and within 40 minutes we had beautiful skies and water on the canvas.
Its so interesting to see how different people tackle each stage-although they have all watched me demonstrate each bit-they all do it differently.

We stopped for lunch at 12pm--its so handy having the cafe on site--everyone gives their order in for food when they arrive and its all ready for when we stop--lovely food and reasonable prices too.
After a lovely salad /ham baguette it was time to do the bushes, grasses and poppies--
and again everyones individual personalities came through in how they did this stage.
The time flew by--the weather was horrible at times and I had to get the photos done inside for once--Karen had to dash off to an appointment before the group photo!
Everyone wants to come again--we are looking forward to seeing everyone again soon.

Judging by the remarks on face book by some of the students friends-we will be getting some more new students--Jeni has had an offer of 2 people buying her painting and someone asking her if she taught painting as well!

All in all a fantastic time had by all-beautiful paintings created and lots of ego's boosted--
I had a lovely conversation this evening on the phone with Pat who was with me today--she was so chuffed with her achievements -and couldn't praise Painting My Way highly enough-bless her.
It makes my day when I get feedback like that I can tell you!

We are away for a few days from tomorrow--unwinding after such a hectic few weeks--I will have Internet access and will have my appointment book with me to take bookings-as usual I cant completely leave it all behind!















No comments: