Sunday, August 08, 2010

Tenbury Show



The weather stayed pretty good for Tenbury show on Saturday. We set up the day before as the stands etc take some getting sorted!
We had a great space in the corner of the marquee, so plenty of room for people to watch me demonstrating my techniques.
I took along all of the class subject paintings along with a few others including my latest commission-the giant red poppy as Diane isn't collecting it until this week.There was lots of interest in it.
We had lots of people trying out the encaustic art painting including Jack, Phoebe,Georgina and Mary-Jane and I will be ordering more encaustic kits this week for collection from Ludlow.
The last of the orange /red "Yesterday" paintings was sold at Tenbury so I got stuck in to painting another--I need to have a version of all the colours offered in the class.
I nearly finished it, but still have to finish it off tomorrow and get it varnished later this week.
All in all a great show-although again I dint have chance to see any of the actual show!
Bill managed to get a look at the heavy horses and the highlight of the show-the motorcycle stunt team.
It was turned 7pm before we left the showground and we had to be up early this morning to be down at the market for the book and craft fair!
I arrived home to find a booking enquiry from someone we saw at the show--so that ended the day nicely!










No comments: