Thursday, August 05, 2010

Burwarton Show




Well its been an exhausting few days, on the market yesterday , off up to Burwarton Show right after packing up there.
We called back at the newly refurbished Three Horseshoes pub for a meal on the way home as it was 8pm and I didn't feel like cooking when we got in! The restaurant been done all through in art deco style-and it looks very smart.The food wasnt bad either!
We were then up at 5am this morning to get to the show today before the queues started!
And boy was it busy--constantly all day long there were people at my stall.
I was demonstrating both the encaustic art and oil painting all day long.
I have a sore throat tonight from all the talking!
Bill was able to pop out and have a look at the animals that were close by to the building we were in.
The heavy horses were a beautiful sight with all the brasses on.
I didn't get chance to see much at all-managed a couple of trips to the loo's which were the best Ive seen at this type of event!
Spotlessly clean, and kept so all day--quite an achievement when you saw the amount of people there!

I nearly sold out of cards, and I was unable to write down which ones were selling, as it was so busy at times--so I have to go through what are left to let Lin know which ones I need doing next!
It was completely manic at times!
I'm off to bed now as Ive a busy day tomorrow as well--off to set up at Tenbury show ready for Saturday-another busy event!

We had no mobile phone signal while at Burwarton-which wasn't good as our 4 th grandchild's birth is imminent-Marce went to the hospital at 5am this morning-but so far nothing has happened apart from contractions--so we are still waiting for the arrival of baby Jennings!






No comments: