Monday, July 05, 2010

The Mount B+B, 61 Gravel Hill, Ludlow

Places to stay in Ludlow! www.themountludlow.co.uk

Although I'm not 100% fit by a long way yet ,when we were asked by Mandy and Ray if we wanted to check out the guest house for ourselves we jumped at the chance!

The reviews on Trip Advisor are excellent--and after out guided tour we can understand why!

We were greeted by Mandy who showed us into the beautiful breakfast room-which has wonderful views all over Whitcliffe and lower end of Ludlow.
One thing that impressed us was the fact that all the tables have salt and pepper grinders on them instead of the usual shakers-a small but important touch!
The house has a very relaxed feel to it, right from when you enter the front door--we were shown round all of the bedrooms-all of which are bright and airy and spotlessly clean.
There is loads of room even in the smallest single bedroom-which makes a refreshing change-we have stayed in some really tiny rooms different times!
All of the room have a large ensuite as well.
I can understand why they are booked up so far in advance after seeing the place for ourselves!
Ray is happy to pick you up from the station if you arrive by train, and he has offered to bring Doreen, one of my students who is staying with them in Sept to the painting class as well, so that will be a help for her!
I have left Mandy and Ray with some leaflets and one of my Summer Day paintings as well-so people will be able to see exactly what sort of pictures they can create during my workshops!

It was lovely to meet them both and see their beautiful guest house--if you are thinking of coming to Ludlow to paint with me I recommend you try and get booked into The Mount-you wont be disappointed I'm sure!

No comments: