Friday, June 26, 2009

Sobdon Flower Food and Drink Festival

We haven't long got back from setting up at Shobdon Flower Food and Drink Festival.
Our new stands fitted in nicely into out corner space-we didnt need to put up the material behind as we had a new marquee and the walls are a lovely cream colour which looked great.
Its our 5th year there and it gets bigger and better each year!
There is loads to do and see-of course there will be all sorts of lovely free samples of food and drink to try!

I have been asked to judge the art competition that is being run for the first time this year-and to say I'm nervous is an understatement.The art will be from children as young as 5 years old up to adults- there are 3 categories. I will be taking along my camera and will post the results on here tomorrow night.
I will have my laptop with me and dongle so I can show people the other paintings I have on my websites that I havent had room to take with me.
Another unusal addition will be our parrot Jake--Im sure he will love it there. Bill has been sorting out a new bigger perch for the travelling cage and its sitting alongside jakes cage as I speak so he can get used to it.
All the new labels and price tags have been printed and laminated ready so we are all set to go.

Looking forward to meeting up with some old friends--Made us laugh to see the note on "Jones The Beads" table next to ours when we got there--
printed on it under special requests was "Please put me next to Diane and Bill Painting My Way!" we always have a great time with Elaine and I always come away with something exquisite that she has created out of beads!

Bills Boozy Christmas cake is packed and ready to go--its become a tradition for us to take a homemade Christmas cake to share out between the exhibitors there--
Does it sound like we are in for a great weekend or what!!?

No comments: