Thursday, May 14, 2009

Leominster Vintage Club













What a day we had yesterday-an early start on the market-up at 6am to get down there and set up early, then back home for quick wash and change and an hours sit down before we were off again to do the demonstration for leominster Vintage club.
Alf had booked me from a recommendation for a lady who had seen me at a WI talk.
He told me that all the members were a great bunch with a good sense of humour, and enjoyed a laugh.We arrived at 7pm to set up-the room was massive-it was at the British Legion Club in Leominster.
We got the stands up with all the paintings on and the tables set out with odds and sods for people to have a look at before Alf and co went through their bits and pieces of the meeting.
There was lots of humorous barracking from members which was nice, then it was my turn!
I'm not sure what people expect when they book me for a demo-they are always astounded when they realise that I will be painting the 2 pictures from start to finish in front of their eyes-I decided to paint Winter Wonderland on the black canvas- and the usual Summer Day on the white canvas.
Lots of questions from people about the technique I have developed, and loads of interest in doing classes.
I was told after the demo that it was the best night they had ever had-what a compliment! And I was told I would be going back there to for another demo.We cant wait! Best fun we have had in ages too!

No comments: