Sunday, August 10, 2008

Craft market

We have been on the Book And Craft fair today on the Castle Square in Ludlow-the weather was a real mixture-pouring down one minute and sun burning bright the next.

It was unusually busy for a change, despite the weather! I didn't even get chance to take any photos, as Bill pointed out as we were packing up at 5pm!

It was a constant stream of people most of the day. Jill a lady Ive been talking to on the Internet for a while came by, she wanted to try out the encaustic art and had ordered the complete set off me.
I gave her a demo of how to do it, and then she had a go, so I could be sure that she knew exactly how much pressure to apply to the iron. She did a lovely pink and purple pic in just a few seconds!
She is a really keen artist and I had to send Bill home to collect some black and white blank canvas as I had forgotten she had told me she wanted some!
Good job we are only 1 mile away!
I managed to get 2 paintings done--2 class subjects that I wanted to get done on the size canvas we use in class.
At the moment they are on much bigger canvas and it was confusing people when I said they were class subjects-the size put them off!!

Anyway I managed to finish them, in between all the chatting and demonstrating, I hope they dry before the weekend so I can take them to the Tern Valley Vintage show .

No comments: