Sunday, February 25, 2007

Packing





I have had a busy morning packing up the latest commission ready to send by special delivery in the morning.
Its a big job!!
First I protect the surface of the painting with greaseproof paper, then it gets wrapped in several layers of bubble wrap, with extra around the corners, next it gets covered in brown paper, then finaly a box.
I recycle most of the packaging whenever possible, all the bubble wrap is re-used, the brown paper and boxes are what my painting supplies and canvas come in.

I have been told in the past its like a adults game of pass the parcel opening one of my paintings!!!

It will be an even bigger job on Tuesday when Sarah recives her work of art because it consists of 4 canvas's!, each one individualy wrapped up!
I always make a good job of the packing because to have them damaged in the post would be terrible.
I use special delivery because its trackable and insured and delivered the next day.
So far I have had no trouble when posting paintings.touch wood!!

No comments: