Friday, January 12, 2007

Raising Money for Charity




I am busy getting organised for my next money raising charity event.
The paintings above are some examples of what will be painted by members of the public on the day. As you can see they are quite simple and almost folk arty.The flowers are each made up of hearts.
They are called Love Hearts, Lovers Meadow and Heart Of Gold

I have just had the publicity info to ok for all the local papers from the British Heart Foundation, they have given me a brilliant write up so I have sent it back ready for publishing!

On the 10th of February we will be in Telford town centre where we will be showing people how to paint their own heart themed painting for valentines Day. We are calling it Art From The Heart.
It will be an amazing Valentines present for the loved ones who receive it!

I will also have an exhibition of my work on sale there with 10% of sales going to BHF

The paintings will be done on 8in x8in box canvas and will be painted in acrylic paint so they will dry for people to take home with them! The charge will be just £12 per painting.

I support The British Heart Foundation because as you all probly know by now, I lost my dear dad in 2005 and my husband Bill had a heart attack in 2003 and lost his HGV licence and with it his job, so it is a charity very close to my heart.
I'm sure we will raise lots of money on the day !

No comments: