Wednesday, March 23, 2011

50th BIrthday Bash and Break Away!

this is the view from the room where we held the party--isn't it stunning--its all lit up at night as well!
I was able to use the original icing flowers that decorated our wedding cakes 10 years ago on my birthday cakes! They were still as good as new
these beautiful flowers are from my lovely friends Jan and John---they were unable to come to the party as she has the flu---we are going to Matlock to visit them next month--cant wait !
I was so pleased with how the room looked--Julie who organises the bar etc at the Rugby club is sooo helpful bless her--she made sure we had the right tables for the party--it looks much the same as it did for our wedding.
tryed to get a photo of the huge moon that was behind the church when we arrived--but the photo hasn't come out very well--shame!
our friends from Ludlow market!
everyone admired the cakes!
the pig roast went down a treat--many thanks to Griffiths the butchers---it was delicious!
friends and neighbours!
us with my son Jim
Debbie from the market--she is a scream!
as you can see!
I would love to know what they were saying!

cheers Mick and Angus !
Becky and Wayne with some of the evidence of what was going on later in the evening--the helium balloons were deflated into mouths and there was a lot of Donald Duck talking going on--we were all creased at each other!
is that trifle on your hands Becky!
Next morning we were up and away with our friends to Bourton on the Water--we stayed here--at The Old Manse Hotel---it was lovely....

this was the view from our room--overlooking the river..
Bill trying out the huge 4 poster bed!
we went on a guided tour of the Cotswold's Perfumery--very interesting it was too!
had to catch up on emails and class bookings even though it was my birthday!
plan was to go into the maze--however it was closed when we got there! So we went to the Bird zoo again instead..
 a face only a mother could love!
hello...
she was loving this bless her
handsome little bird
love the reflections in the water
beautiful little birds
look at me--I can swim!
these trout were huge
more lovely fish and reflections--I will use this photo as a reference for a painting I think!
this was a little cutie
loved watching these little sparrow having  bath in the river
we had a bit of a party when we got back to the hotel room......
my lovely friend Karen sent me this card--so much thought has gone into it--we were creased when I opened it.I took all my cards with me to Bourton as it wasn't my birthday until Monday so I opened them all up there.
having a laugh seeing just how strong the bed was!
awwwwww
we stopped at a great pub for lunch on the way to Bourton--it was so good we had a slight detour on the way home yesterday so e could call here again--the lamb shank was to die for!
another detour was made to see just where the pub we are stopping at for the 3 day  Welland show was. The view from outside it is just stunning--and we have been promised a room with the view so looking forward to that!
Add caption
l
another lovely gift that made me laugh
brilliant!

No comments: