Thursday, April 08, 2010

Muxton Ladies Club


After a very busy day on the market we packed up slightly earlier than normal to get home and pack the car for the demo at Muxtons Ladies Club in Telford.
I knew they had around a hundred members and that made it the biggest group I had done a demo for--I wasnt nervous untilo i walked in and saw all the chairs put out--Bill said "what time does the film start then?" to one of the ladies who had opened up the room!
It soon filled up and to my suprise a lady came over and said she had been to one of my classes last year! After a moment I reconised her-I have a terrible memory for faces-but I do meet sooooo many people during the year at classes ,markets and other events I think I can be excused!
Val had been to paint the birches after we met her at Welland Steam rally.She quickly went through my photograph album which contains the pics of all my students and their paintings, and was proudly showing everyone around!
They were a great bunch of ladies and we had lots of laughs while I recounted various things that had happened since I had started painting.
The paintings came along quickly as usual-though it took much longer to walk round after each one was finished and show the ladies in close up just how much detail was put in with little effort!
They were all amazed at the reflections in the water of The Waterfall, and the poppies and waves on the Summer day.
While we were there I had a message of little Kaitlyns mum booking her in for another 8 classes!
Margret won the raffle and chose The Waterfall, a lady nicknamed Stan won the Summer Day painting and as they were such a large group I donated an extra prize of a gift Voucher which was won by Rozanne.
All in all it was a brilliant evening-we all enjoyed it-we got home at turned 11pm completly tired out and slept like logs!
Im sure we will be seeing some of the ladies again-there was lots of interest in classes.






No comments: