Friday, May 09, 2008

Harmer Hill WI




We had quite a journey last night to our latest demonstration.
Harmer Hill WI is the other side of Shrewsbury, so we had an early start. We arrived in good time and we set up before the ladies started their meeting.
I was able to relax for 20 mins or so before beginning my talk.
Some of the ladies had seen me before at another WI, so knew what to expect!
The evening before Id had a brilliant write up from Lydham WI in the local newspaper the Shropshire Star---the only thing was the paper had dug up an old photo of me taken by them at one of my first exhibitions, and I had very short hair in those days-some of the members last night looked surprised to see I had very long hair!
I will have to send the paper a more recent photo to use, it is the second time in recent months they have dug up an old one!
The evening went very well-as usual the time just flew by-beforeI knew it the 2 paintings were finished and it was time to have a chat to everyone while enjoying the beautiful cakes with a cup of tea and coffee.
Some of the members are keen to come to Ludlow and have a go , so we will look forward to seeing them in the future.
Margret won the raffle and chose Summer Day-she said it reminded her of her holiday in Cornwall!

No comments: