Saturday, May 31, 2008

Blimey!!!!!!




As I was making the last post about the pigeon, Bill yelled up the stairs to me ''come down quick''when I rushed down I saw that a sparrow hawk had flown under the net that covers the fish pond.
It had obviously been chasing something (not Bills friendly pigeon I hope!) and got under the one end of the net that has been raised up by the one big plant that lives in the corner of the pond.
It was just hanging off the net, so I grabbed the camera and got these couple of shots of it.The fish all dived to the bottom, thinking it was a heron maybe.
Bill just lifted the net at one end a bit more and off he flew down the field.
he was a beautiful bird and I expect he has a young family to feed as well-nature is cruel sometimes but everything has its place and you just have to accept it.

No comments: