Saturday, December 22, 2007

Rachaels Poppy Quartet


We waited with baited breath last night for Rachael to come from Wales to pick up her Poppy Quartet poppy painting.
Its really difficult to photograph red paintings and get a true colour.I have been emailing her each stage of her commission as I have painted it, but have never been completely happy with the image Ive sent--I have always had to say to her that the pic isnt as orange as it looks-its really dark red!!!---- ironic that a few minutes before she arrived last night, I took this pic of her painting and the colours came out as near as dam it!
Anyway she walked in with her friend and exclaimed "I love It"" brilliant , just what I wanted and you were right about the colour, its just what I wanted to match my kitchen!"
After some advice about how exactly to hang all 4 canvas ,we had a lift off them up to The Squirrel pub, next to the travel lodge where they were staying.
Its only just up the road from us-real handy for the classes , but it was freezing really hard and didnt want to drive so we could relax and have a drink!!!!
This painting along with all my others is logged with http://www.protectmywork.com/

No comments: