Monday, May 07, 2007

Steve and Barbra


While we were away we met up with someone I have been speaking with on an art forum. Steve invited us to call by as he lives a short drive from where we were staying.

It was worth the drive-Steve and his wife Barbra live in the most beautiful little cottage.They used to run the local post office in the village but trade has been bad and they have now had to close and he is turning the shop/post office into a picture framing shop.
Judging by what he showed me of his work -he will do well there--we certainly wish them well!
It was most amusing when we were leaving to be told that their front lawn was in fact astro-turf-left behind by the last owner who used to hoover it regularly--I had to take a picture of it!
We were both amazed at Steves work-he showed us a lot of his paintings and the detail is amazing-they look like photographs-I am the now the proud owner of one of his limited edition prints of the local church, in return I left them an encaustic work and an oil piece.
The difference between the two of us could not be greater--Steve can take up to 6 months to complete a painting-each tiny detail is perfect--the man has the patience of a saint- while I can take as little as 4 mins to complete one--yet just the fact that we paint is enough for us to be able to meet up and get on like a house on fire, I felt as if I had known him for years!!
Thanks Steve for making us so welcome!

No comments: