Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Buttons and Beads

Well its been a while since I started playing with buttons and beads alongside the paintings!

I love the different colours and shapes you can get..

and its great fun creating the 'flowers'

I have got some bouquets finished now..



buttonholes made with buttons are great fun to--I will be making some to match all the bouquets...

I love searching out things I can use,

buttons of all shapes and sizes...

Vintage buttons are so beautiful,,,but involve quite a lot of work...they have to be washed and dried,sorted into colours and shapes..

I use vintage materials too, this hand made croqueted tablecloth had a few stains on it , but I was able to rescue some of the individual 'flowers; to use..

reminds me of sweets in a shop--these are just a small number of my buttons!

As well as button bouquets I will be creating other items--this is my first button bling Christmas tree--the photos don't do it justice..its bling at its finest!

buttons and jewels abound!!



One of my latest creations..a huge Button Butterfly suitable for a little girls room maybe?

And I'm really chuffed with my pink Christmas tree

I am working on a new website for the button side of the business--will post here when its up and running!In the meantime if there is anything you would like creating in buttons please contact me via my usual website www.paintingmyway.co.uk

No comments: