Thursday, August 29, 2013

Onslow Park Steam Rally

Apologies first of all for not doing any updating of the blog--I had very limited Internet access while we were at Onlsow Park Steam Rally at the weekend..and not had a spare minute since we got home Monday night! Had a busy day on the market today,, so this is the first chance Ive had... I was busy in the run up to the show getting my little miniature paintings done and varnished..glad I made the effort as most of them sold! Ive been busy updating the copyright site with all of my images I do on them..www.protectmywork.com 

It took us ages to set up--good job we got there at lunchtime on the Saturday!

My new display board works well and frees up space on the tables for the smaller ones!

These paintings have gone to a lovely home--bought as a surprise by the ladies friend... the lady had been by the stall earlier and fell in love with them right away--she went away to think about it--in the meantime her friend came and bought them and explained what she was doing--had to put a sold sign on them--the lady came back round to see them again and she was so upset to see them 'sold' ...they were collected the next day to be handed over--wish I had seen the look on her face when she unwrapped then! One very happy lady--with one very kind ,lovely friend!

After a very hectic day it was back to the caravan to cook a quick dinner before we went walkabout around the steam fair..

Bill was to blame for the 'doorstep' bread--he blamed the knife--I blamed the white wine LOL...however--it was so delicious I forgave him!

We love the sounds,smells and sights of the steam fair---shame some of the photos I took up there didn't turn out :-(

Bill stood beside his namesake steamer ''Billy Boy''

the time flew by--Bill was able to go walkabout some of the time over the 2 day show..it was lovely to meet up with old friends and we made some lovely new friends too...looking forward to meeting them again next year--what laughs we had there!

loved this tree we saw on the way home--we came home the scenic route due to an accident on the main road...

No comments: