Saturday, August 03, 2013

And Relax.............


It was the hottest day of the year on Thursday and we were in a marquee at Burwarton show! Hot wasn't the word for it! However I have never seen so many of my students in the same place--it was non-stop all day of students past and present calling by to say hello-and all of them were telling everyone how wonderful the workshops are! You cant get better advertising than that can you? It was lovely to catch up with everyone ...

I had been up painting late the night before--the little tiny canvas pictures always sell well, so did loads ready for Burwarton and Tenbury-they sold well at Burwarton..and I don't have many left for the market on Wednesday!

My latest Cats In A Tree painting also went to a new home in Bridgnorth..
While we were setting up at Tenbury-the sky went so black---and we had the most awful thunderstorm...bit scary when you are in a metal framed marquee! However it passed over as quick as it started  and we got finished setting up..


The Mellow Moods painting (yellow ochre background with tree)  that is in the middle of the above photo sold today and the lady that bought it is coming to a workshop in Oct..and may be coming next week with luck too..It was an exceptionally busy show for us..most of the mini paintings sold-loads of interest in the workshops,,and bookings for 3 workshops coming up..2 possible workshops coming up in Cardiff and Blackpool--both very different ! Watch this space..
we had the most amazing storm when we got home last night--the hailstones were huge..I was outside feeding the fish when I heard the most amazing sound as the hail storm came over Ludlow..incredible--I called Bill outside as I wasn't sure what the noise  was at first....what the photo does not show is the hailstones were white in the middle but had a huge clear ice around them-making them as big as ice cubes almost!.       Well I am completely knackered tonight...am looking forward to a family BBQ tomorrow for my lovely daughters 29th birthday...it may be an inside one if it rains--We wont mind-will be lovely to get together with everyone again..And then I have Monday and Tuesday off--completely free except for some housework! I have been asked several times over the past few days if I have the dates for next year done yet-- I will be trying to get some of them done over the next few weeks...keep checking the website  www.paintingmyway.co.uk the 2014 dates will be underneath this years.And then I can relax!!!!!!!!


No comments: