Monday, April 01, 2013

Easter Market

Well we were up bright and early yesterday--6.30am--which was 5.30am really as the clocks had gone forward...to go down to the Easter Sunday market...we arrived to find someone set up on our usual stall! We then discovered that I had in fact forgot to book and pay for it!  Another case of 'steroid brain'  The steroids I have to take for the Polymyalgia really mess with my head at times and I can the daftest things--and forget to do things as well--its a good job I have Bill to keep an eye on me most of the time!  Anyway all was not lost-Tony the new market manager soon sorted me out a good open air spot and we were able to get a huge display set up..the weather was beautiful--bright and sunny with little wind to blow us about.

We has space to put up an extra table as well..and because it was quite warm I was able to do some painting while I was there...The first painting sold off the easel...before it was even finished..the lady is collecting it in a few weeks when it is dry!

The BBC had cameras in the town to make a programme and they asked if they could record me painting-I forgot to ask what program they were going to show it on though it may get get edited out maybe! It was very very busy all day long..loads of visitors in town as there was lots going on in the castle.We had lots of interest in the workshops and the views on the website have rocketed since!

Josh was one of the people who had a go at encaustic art...he made a beautiful picture!

No comments: