Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Some Onslow Artists!

Many thanks to my friend Karen who called by to help with the mad rush of people we had at the show--Bill was able to go back to the van and make us a lovely sausage sandwich to keep us going! When we had a few  minutes I introduced Karen to the encaustic art--she was instantly addicted to it--its a really addictive  art form--and she was engrossed in it right away! She managed some stunning pictures too....
As usual there was a steady stream of folk wanting to have a go at encaustic art---I hope I have got the names correct but the photos have not been loading in the same order as my list of names! If they are wrong please accept my apologies!  Above we have Fallon  Jay--
Kayleigh made a brilliant job of hers---loved the colours---everyone was amazed at the results they got--as usual all manner of weird and wonderful things appeared in the melted wax--faces,animals and sea creatures--we all had lots of fun spotting them!
Alice really enjoyed herself--and the orange and green made an unusual combination--Mum was warned not to hang the finished picture behind glass in direct sunlight as the picture will re melt again!
Isabel used pink,silver and orange and got some great results...
I showed Lucy how to do a landscape painting using the iron--and she made a beautiful job of it--bright and vibrant!

No comments: