Sunday, January 30, 2011

January 29th "Winter Wonderland" oil workshop

It was nice to have a smaller class yesterday--7 students-I love teaching the workshops using a black canvas--its great fun to do and is a useful tool for students who are a bit nervous---Maysoon above-had never used one before and loved it!
Trina has painted once before with me and again used a black canvas--she loves it--and seemed a lot more confident -the end result was stunning!
Hard to believe that Jo had never painted before when you look at her painting--
Karen is quite an old hand at this painting game--she has done 16 pictures with me-and we have become very close friends as a result--she actually started out as a collector of my paintings--and still is.....!
Gill is a close friend of Karen's--when she took her painting home-her hubby was thrilled with it and said it was her best yet!
Maureen has become a very competent artist in such a short time--she is a very rare breed--she puts down her brushes and walks away and sits down when she thinks she has done enough of each stage--something that most people find hard to do---most stay at the easel and fiddle!

Pat's confidence has grown and grown with each class--she made a lot of decisions for herself yesterday-she has learned which brush does what and how much paint she will need for each bit .I love watching my students grow in confidence and ability-and as many of them come back time after time I have the opportunity to watch that-and feel very privileged to be part of that process.
Trina, Maysoon and Pat--beautiful results girls!

Jo,Karen , Maureen and Gill....lovely results-well done!. .I was hoping the swollen top lip I had during class-due to an infection would have gone down by now--I had a bit of ribbing from the girls who said it looked like I had had my lips injected to plump them up and it actually suited me! Looks like I'm off to the Docs in the morning to get it sorted,





No comments: