Thursday, December 30, 2010

Merry Christmas and .......SWINE FLU

We had a wonderful Christmas Day-with friends Marion and Phil and Becki- the turkey was one of the best we have ever had- and for the first time we cooked it on the morning instead of the Christmas Eve
it certainly makes the preparations go easier if you have a glass or three of bubbly wine when you are doing it!
It was certainly a cold Christmas--the pond was almost completely iced over--but it did keep running--poor little fishes!
We had a whole salmon as part of the Boxing Day buffet for the family--Bill cooked it to perfection and everyone thought it was delicious!
Not quite your usual family Christmas viewing but it was sooo funny to watch and hear everyone shouting in dis-belief at the antics of Dirty Sanchez---we had recorded 6 episodes for them to watch--even Mother loved it!

Somrthing a bit odd happened on Boxing Day morning--I was sat on sofa in front room and I hear a bang as something hit the patio windows--I rushed outside and found this beautiful little gold finch---however it was as stiff as a board-and although it was cold I dont think it could have frozen that quick--8-10 seconds--maybe a crow had been carrying it off and dropped it?

Sparkys had enough of festive cheer and has gone back to being a grumpy cat again!






















Well I started to feel ill on Boxing Day as we were preparing the food--and felt worse as the day went on...I was asleep as soon as the family had gone and basicaly slept for 3 days!
Sweating, coughing and aching from head to foot.
I had to ring Beth and cancel the birthday party again as I couldnt get out of bed---fingers crossed for next Tuesday now--3rd time lucky!
The doctor confirmed today that Ive had/got swine flu and that has left me with a chest infection.
Im am feeling a lot better today..as long as I dont move!
But its my first day out of bed since Boxing day.
Poor Bills still coughing from his chest infection he had before Christmas--I wont be long until Im back up in bed -its been a long day--but have got the bits sorted more or less I needed to do-- workshop bookings and paintings sorted out ready to post next Tuesday--I wont chance them being posted tomorrow and getting there Saturday and dont want them sitting round a depot over the weekend.So safer to post next week.

No comments: