Sunday, August 02, 2009

Tenbury Show--or was it Glastonbury?




























Glastonbury eat your heart out! When we went to set up the stand at Tenbury show on Friday ready for the show on Saturday-it was bone dry in there--it was a different story on Saturday when we arrived at 8am to finish setting up!
While we were there setting up a cow got loose and was running wild all around the marquee with men chasing her-she dragged 2 of them for a long way too!
It had rained heavy during the night and everywhere was soaking underfoot.
I had my old sandals on so it didn't matter about them getting muddy-good job really I suppose!
Anyway the weather didn't stop the crowds arriving in droves and we had a very busy day--we are looking forward to meeting some of them in classes in the near future.
After a big storm midday-Bill went off to find the organisers to bring some wood chips to put down in the puddles of mud that were starting to appear in the marquee.
My new cards that Lin did for me this week just flew off the stands--the foxgloves went in the first few minutes-the new seascape ones all went very quickly too.Ive got a few left for the market on Wednesday-by then my new big revolving stand should be here which will free up some table space.
I didn't get to see any of the show as I was too busy to get out-but Bill managed to get to see some of it-the birds of prey were beautiful--even the vultures!
It was lovely to see one of my students Rhada who called by with her hubby-they were over from Birmingham for the day.
We didn't get from there very easy because of all the mud--we had a tow by one of the tractors which made life easier-didn't get home til turned 8pm-I was certainly not going to start cooking then so after unloading the car quickly it was off up to The Squirrel for a steak with all the trimmings!
I was completely knackered by the time we returned home and was asleep almost before my head hit the pillow!

No comments: