Sunday, April 27, 2008

My Painting Buddy!!!











I was stood painting in the kitchen last night minding my own business when I heard a flutter of wings behind me and in flew Paddy Bird onto my head!
Bill and I were both shocked as he as never been brave enough to leave the front room before in the 4 years we have had him!! He had to navigate the turns into the hall and into the kitchen, he was puffing a bit when he landed on my head!
He has never been that keen on me until a few months ago, he always seemed to like Bill the most. He simply tolerated me-what has made him change I dont know.
Most parrots take to just one of their owners, Bill can still do more with him-mainly because Im still scared of him-he has bitten me down to the bone on my fingers several times in the early days and it has always gone septic. But Im getting braver now hes being nicer to me.
He was very interested in what I was doing, he seemed to enjoy watching me paint.
He thought all his birthdays had come at once when Bill gave him a clean brush to hold as we are always taking pens and lipsticks off him as his beak goes through them like butter!!
I might get him some paint and a little canvas soon and see if hes picked up any tips!

No comments: