Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Festival At The Edge


 We had  great time at this years Festival At The Edge..held in the beautiful Much Wenlock.We arrived on Friday morning and got the caravan,awning and gazebo set up--which proved to be a bit of a feat as the wind was quite blustery at times!
After not being used for  year the awning was a bit of a puzzle-- so before we packed up I went round all of the poles with different coloured acrylic paint to colour code it! We had plenty of room to put up tables and our stands..
I love using the old vintage looking lace tablecloths..and I have quite a good collection of them.

Dolly sat outside the stall,,and as I'm raising money for the O'Connor cancer unit at Shrewsbury hospital where my son is being treated ,people were invited to put some money in the donation tin for the cause in order to have a photo of her,,she raised quite a bit of money! Add to that the money made from selling off some of my paintings that have been around for a while and I think we raised a lot of money over the weekend..

The circus was set up nearby, the kids had a great time stilt walking and other things..


The beauty of taking the caravan is that we can have an afternoon Pimms....

I sold the pair of birches and also the Birch painting underneath to a chap who fell in love as soon as he saw them....

I don't know if the Pimm's was anything to do with it but I seemed to grow some pussy cat ears just after!

Loads going on there for all the family

Bill having a well earned drink...

All too soon it was Sunday evening and time to come home,,,am looking forward to next years already!

No comments: