Sunday, September 01, 2013

Buttons and Beads!!!!!

I never thought I would see the day when I was excited about buttons and beads--but since my daughter Becki mentioned she would like a button bouquet for her wedding, and I said I would make her one---its been buttons, beads and pretty things all the way!

Im amazed at the amount of different colours,sizes and textures there are....and Im loving sorting them all out!   Ive been given many by friends and family, and bought loads from boot sales,antique fairs etc.I clean and sterilize them all before sorting into size and colours ...I have all sorts of beautiful bits to create bouquets with!

Ive had a few practise runs..

Love playing around with the colours..

Think I like the monochrome best so far though!

This is the first one--Im going to take it apart and start again,,,

Im sure I used to be a magpie in a previous life..I love glittery things!

reminds me of sweeties!

love these..


Had a practise at a button hole...quite pleased with it! Ive been out today and bought lots more bits from the boot sale--spent the afternoon cleaning it all ready to use! Got lots of stuff coming via the internet this week too...cant wait to get started again--one major job coming up--the summer house down the garden is to become my workshop--I will be able to keep it all together down there and the kitchen table will stay clear!

No comments: