Thursday, November 10, 2011

Suprise..

When I looked out of the window this morning I saw a light coloured bird way up the top of the field behind us...grabbing my camera -which has a good zoom lens , and zooming in.I realised that it was a pure white pheasant....along with her normal coloured mate...
what a lovely surprise...
the white tail seems longer than the normal coloured one...
we have thrown out the excess parrot food out into the field to try and get them to come nearer so I can get some better photos...Jake and Paddy waste such a lot of it--especially Jake who chucks it for yards! We usually throw it out on the bird tables for the wild birds who love it!
When I first spotted the light bird I thought it was the local heron who has been a cheeky bugger lately...he was stood on the shed roof the other day,,,,
so we have double netted the pond as a precaution and left the lily pads for cover for the fish to hide under...the pond is very deep and has very steep sides so he cant land in the water and he wouldn't reach far into the middle of the pond from the edge ..but better safe than sorry...
I nearly got a shot of him flying off---he is just behind the trunk of the tree where the branches come of near the top..

No comments: