Saturday, July 30, 2011

Welland Show -day 2

we woke up to a beautiful day this morning---some inspiration if ever I saw it!
just beautiful to see the sky changing by the minute.
Bill admiring the views before breakfast..
The Wyche Inn
as yesterdays monochrome painting had sold I decided to do another two--they seem to be liked by all ages and it gets people chatting when I'm painting....
I sold another painting this morning and the lady wanted the sides painting so she could hang it without a frame--so Bill made her a little cardboard tray to take it back to the car-so she didn't get paint all over everything!
one of the many miniatures at the show---isn't it brilliant!
a friend of ours Dave does chainsaw carving--and look at the lump of wood he has got here to go at--he has made a start on it..looks like it will be an eagle eventually!
this wasn't on a display--saw this in the car park!
I promised myself yesterday that if I sold another painting today I would treat myself to a wooden bowl that  had spotted on another stall...its Japanese yew and is just beautiful...all gnarly  and knotted--so touchy feely.
so many textures and interesting things on it..
the handle is carved out of the same piece of wood.....I just fell in love with it!
after painting the first monochrome painting I did yet another so I could show the audience what a difference a quick oil wash could do--tomorrow I might do a little more to the monochrome one--we will see! The weather forecast is for another hot sunny day--thank goodness we loaded the big tower fan in the van--its been worth its weight in gold today-kept us lovely and cool!

No comments: