Wednesday, November 14, 2007

New Work.







I spent most of yesterday working on my latest painting.
It went through several changes during the day!
It started out with more yellow than pink in it, then as each layer of acrylic paint dryed I added more and more shades of cerises and dark pink.
I added some texture with much thicker paint around the centre of the poppy, let it dry and then painted over it again with some thin glazes of acrylic paint.
You cant see it fom the photos but it has taken on a crinkled effect, just like the texture of a real poppy.
I stopped work on it at 10:30 pm last night after starting at lunchtime.
Each canvas is 20in x 16in so it is a dramatic piece.
I still have quite a bit of work to do to it. I can see better in the natural daylight where it needs some more thin glazes of colour putting in.Then when it is completey dry I will get the detail in the centre done with melted wax.This is a very time consuming bit of the painting too, I have to be very careful not to drip wax where I dont want it because once its on there I cant remove it.
I am very pleased with it so far,I decided to use this range of colours for a change-although I may do a the usual red version later.
I have logged each step of the painting onto www.protectmywork.com

No comments: