Saturday, November 03, 2007

Todays Class


Today we had Jan who was with me for the 5th
time and a first timer Samantha who had traveled from Albrighton, near Cosford.They both did a beautiful version of Snowy Day.
We didnt start painting til nearly an hour later than planed--I had a few things to show them on the computer that another of my students-Sharleen. had been sending me during the week!
One of the things gave us some ideas for a future painting class--if we can get a volunteer to model it!!!!!!!!!!
The whole day was a great laugh, as usual--it never fails to amuse me the conversations we have while painting tranquil scenes!
Its amazing how different the paintings turn out when doing a class, Sam's was a lot more 'hilly' than Jans with steeper sides down to the pond.Sam also turned out to be a natural at trees, and with the big tree up the top of the fields behind us as an example, she turned out the most beautiful tree!
Jan has got more confidence each time she comes to me and tackled her tree with far less nerves than normal.
Sam is coming back with some of her family to paint the birch tree painting early in the new year, I have set the date for 9th Feb for that one, I have some people waiting for me to set dates for the new year so will sit down and sort that out when I get a minute.

No comments: