Saturday, November 03, 2007

Lemon and Lime Cheesecake




I have been busy tonight making my popular lemon and lime cheesecake in preparation for tomorrow's Sunday lunch. We have Wendy and Gil, Rita's daughter and son in law coming round for lunch, so its given me the perfect excuse to get creating in the kitchen!
I haven't made this sweet for ages and couldn't put my hand on the recipe as everything is still a bit upside down from when we were decorating the kitchen, so it was a guessing game to some extent!
However with regular tastings of the cheesecake filling I got the tangy lemony,limey topping just perfect.
The cream thickened up lovely when I added the fresh lemon and lime juice and when the condensed milk went in , it tasted beautifully creamy.I baked the biscuit and butter base in the oven to make it extra crispy, a lovely contrast to the creamy soft topping.

No comments: