Friday, November 09, 2007

Funeral






















Today was a sad day-we said goodbye to Rita-our old friend.She had a great send off, the crematorium was full of her family and old friends.The hearse took her all around the area in Shreswbury that she had lived before she came to Ludlow--me and Bill hadnt known her then, so it was touching to pass by her old home.
I have found some lovely pictures of her on the computer, the one above was taken last Christmas, she loved goose so the past 2 years we have had Rita up for the day in between Christmas and new year and I cooked her a goose dinner-- and she has really enjoyed herself, making a fuss of the cat and the parrot and enjoying her dinner--as you can see from her plate!
She is going to leave a big gap in our lives-in the time I have spare now I will paint and think of her while Im painting.

No comments: