Monday, September 20, 2010

Bishops Castle Michaelmas Fair and other bits






























Another busy weekend over-we had a great time at Bishops Castle Michaelmas fair.It was good to meet up with old and new friends again.
The weather stayed fine-if a bit chilly and windy on the Sunday.
But the people came out in droves and at times you couldn't move in the marquee.
We had a 2nd hand book stall next to us--and I got a lot of bargains from there--all were as new--all I need is the time to read them now!

Bookings for classes went well-and we returned home to some bookings from the website as well...
there are now 9 students booked in for the first class of 2011 "Summer Day" so its filling up fast.
I sold the original Stormy Poppies painting recently to a lovely American lady so I had to paint another as its a class subject shortly.
Its painted on a chunky canvas and its impossible to paint all the sides with oils in class as there would be paint all over the car and students--however I didn't think the painting really looked finished with the sides left white so Bill used black acrylic paint and painted the sides black after I had finished it--it really does look good--so students will have the option when they come to class to have black or white sides.

As the classes have grown in size I needed to get some more aprons for the students to wear in class--the last place I bought them from are no longer in business so I had to source some more-I must say I'm very pleased with the new ones that arrived today-they have embroidered the logo beautifully and much bigger than on the old aprons as well!

I have a One 2 One student coming to paint tomorrow-so have been busy having a quick tidy up--life has been far to busy to dust lately--I found a great little picture recently at the boot sale that I thought was funny and apt!
It says Dull Women Have Immaculate Homes!

Thats my excuse for having a 'lived in' house anyway!
But with another busy week coming up-there will be little chance of having a proper blitz--we are back on market on Wednesday- and this weekend we have a full class in Winters Walk and then our little grandaughters are coming down from Sunderland to stay the night with us--then we are up early Sunday morning to be on the Book and Craft fair on Castle Square-- maybe next week it will be a little quieter for me!

No comments: