Monday, May 25, 2009

The Western Wheel-BIG MISTAKE!



















While in Weston on holiday we were able to watch the Weston Wheel going round from our hotel room.
Now Ive always had a really really morbid fear of heights from a child-a step ladder is too high for me most of the time!
I convinced myself and Bill that I would conquer the fear by going on the new attraction at Weston-the 40 metre high Weston Wheel!! We walked along the seafront watching it go round-convinced myself it would be ok and I would handle it-paid at kiosk and waited for the posh air-conditioned pod to come round! There was seats for 4 people inside-We sat down and the door closed. I got my phone out and set it to video--then we started moving---------OMG before we had got 15 ft off the ground I started a panic attack! The pods were clear glass down to the floor-- I think maybe if they were like a car with solid pieces at the sides all round and just glass at the top I may have been better-but every time I opened my eyes to look at Bill I could see below him and it was bloody horrible!
I got on there with a full face of make up and got off there with non--Bill was laughing cos I had tissue stuck all over my face-it was the longest 10 mins of my life!
I have never been so scared-I cant describe the feeling-my legs were wobbling when we got off and I really was scared I would have a heart attack on there-my heart was beating so fast!
Never again-have to accept that I have a fear of heights and thats it!

No comments: